Friday, December 30, 2011

30-Day Challenge:: Gratuitous Cute Puppy

What does this puppy have to do with me, my work, or my blog? Absolutely nothing. Some total stranger was selling these 5 week old puppies on a little grassy knoll near a shopping mall and I took a few pictures of them. Our lives intersected for a few minutes. Mine and the boy selling the puppies as well as mine and the puppies.
Do you ever glance at the person sitting in the car next to you when you're both stopped at a light and think about their lives? Are they married, single, happy...? What do they do for a living? Do they like it? You'll never know because you'll most likely never see them again, but you often can't help but wonder. We're a curious bunch, aren't we?

6 comments:

Michelle C said...

When I was a teenager, one of my favorite things to do was to sit in the mall or other public place and make up stories about the people who went by. We imagined that the guy walking by with a lingerie purchase was buying for the babysitter and not his wife. We imagined that the old couple shuffling along lived out of their motor home and stole what they needed from towns and people they met along the way. We imagined that the depressed looking young girl would walk out of the mall and find a winning lottery ticket on her way home.

There is all joy in meeting new friends, and sometimes also when you don't meet them.

shannon said...

i use to look up at a plane and wonder if anyone was looking down wondering if anyone was looking up...

i'm a people watcher/wonder-er too.

Elsa said...

I ponder this often ~ riding the bus, sitting in the car, walking about. I look into peoples homes (you know, from the sidewalk ~ teehee) and wonder if they are living happy lives.
Nice to know that others do it too.

Kris said...

See, I must be way more self-absorbed than you because when I see others in the car next to me my thought is, do they exist beyond being in a car next to me creating traffic for me? (Some may call it the Truman Show effect.) It's a bit like the "If a tree falls alone in the woods does it make a sound?"

Anonymous said...

This made me sad. I do dog rescue, rescuing dogs from the south and bringing them to NY, and I am now worried that these puppies went to pitbull fighters for bait or to labs, for experiments. The list of things that happen to dogs who are sold cheaply or given away makes my skin crawl.

Not related, I know, but just wanted to share the information.
Nancy Dunn

Anonymous said...

I look at people (I know or don't) and wonder what it would be like to be them for just an hour, or a day. wonder what they are thinking about, or what they think of me...etc