Wednesday, January 2, 2008

#2

With apologies to the Girl Scouts of America:
" A circle's round; it has no end."
I've mentioned in the past that I'm silly enough to actually have a favorite shape, but now I'm indulging that bias in a new way.
The other day Abi asked me why I always make square coasters. She argued that most if not all glasses have round bases, so why were all my coasters square? Honestly, I didn't have an answer for her. I just never thought to make them any other shape. Well I have now.


It's a little sad how happy making these coasters made me. After I made the first one, I ran around to each of my family members to show it off. To their credit, they gave me more by way of response than, "Very nice, dear."


And, like the unending circle, my mind began to race with other round ideas.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Hey, Happy New Year! Your coasters ARE very nice dear. The circles look great with the sqare and rectangle piecing.

dutchcomfort said...

Happy New Year! I love the symbolism of the round coasters. No beginning - no end!

Mich said...

I definitely understand the "very nice dear" response!! But I LOVE these coastes! Such a great idea!