Friday, June 29, 2007

Etsy and me

Hey! What's that in the right hand side bar? :) I've been selected as the Etsy Pick of the Day. I'm super excited about this. So, if you get a chance, head on over there and check it out.
I can't, however, post just text. I'm way too visually oriented for that. So, I'm putting up an image of a work in progress. My dear, sweet middle daughter, Rachel, has requested a pillow sham for her bed. She said that she wanted it to be like my Twinkle quilt. Unfortunately, she went out of town for the past week, leaving me to my own devices. I made a variation on that image.
I'm actually further along than this picture indicates. I've already done most of the quilting. The big circles actually came from a twin sized duvet set I bought at IKEA. The duvet is covered with numbers from zero to nine. I just loved it as fabric. And, it's actually quite the deal. The duvet set includes a solid colored top sheet, sham printed with the same image as the duvet cover and the duvet itself. There must be 5,6, maybe 7 yards of fabric there, all for $12.99. Pretty sweet.
I mixed in some of my own hand dyes and other bits and there you have it.
Rachel just got home last night, so we'll see what she says.

3 comments:

tricia said...

Congrats! That is exciting,I am very happy for you, and I love your work. Thanks for the inspiration!

Malka Dubrawsky said...

Thanks Tricia. That's very sweet of you to say.

Anonymous said...

congratulations!