Monday, March 19, 2007

Moody Weather

I like excuses. Not the "dog ate my homework"type, but rather reasons that allow me to do what I wanted to do in the first place. Today's weather certainly feels like an excuse to stay inside and focus on unfinished projects and half-read books. It's not especially severe, but the sky is just the right shade of gray that curling up on the couch is more inviting than digging in the garden. The wind is furious enough to make the wind chimes sound loudly and this drives me inside. There they call sweetly, while on the porch they clang together. Some might call this day gloomy, but I think of it as protective. A misty, wet day beckons us to slow down, stay close to home, and gather around us those we love for a cup of tea. It calls us to cherish the moment, rather than explore the possibilities. I think we all need a few gray days in our lives.

No comments: